Swenson Granite Company seeks an experienced equipment mechanic to work in the maintenance shop at our curbing operation in Concord, NH.
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Department: Curbing Division
Reports To: Curbing Division Manager
FLSA Status: Non Exempt (hourly)
This position performs the duties of a Maintenance Mechanic by maintaining equipment used in the quarry and curb production process, such as drills, front-end loaders, forklifts, dump trucks, splitters, and diamond saws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – other duties may be assigned:
- Repairs and performs preventative maintenance on all mobile equipment including the diagnosis of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic problems.
- Troubleshoots equipment failures.
- Performs routine safety inspections of shop and equipment.
- Helps maintains an inventory of parts, lubricants, tires, used parts from old equipment and petroleum products, as well as other necessary supplies.
- Provides cost control and reduction through preventative maintenance program, component replacement versus repair and recycling used parts from old equipment.
- Disassembles motor and components and cleans parts.
- Cleans tools and working area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
This position requires at least 2 years related experience. Experience maintaining equipment in the construction, mining or manufacturing industry is a plus. Basic computer skills are required as well as a basic knowledge of welding.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb ladders up to 25 feet tall, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Lifts over that amount will be assisted mechanically or with the help of another employee.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to oils and grease, slippery surfaces, outside weather conditions and moving mechanical parts and equipment. The employee may be occasionally exposed to high places and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To learn more or to apply, visit us at 369 North State Street in Concord, or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.