YARD PERSON, SWENSON GRANITE WORKS - ROWLEY, MA
Swenson Granite is seeking a Yard Person to work at our retail store yard in Rowley, MA. We are in the business of retail and contractor sales of granite and natural stone products used for masonry, landscaping, and building. This position involves loading and unloading material with a forklift and some heavy lifting. We are looking for an energetic person with a neat appearance and a positive attitude. Forklift experience is a plus. Swenson Granite offers competitive wages and excellent benefits. Please apply in person at the Swenson Granite Works store located at 125 Newburyport Turnpike, Rowley, MA, or send your resume to Bill Bonneau at email@example.com.
YARD PERSON, SWENSON GRANITE WORKS - CONCORD, NH
Swenson Granite is seeking a Yard Person to work at our retail store yard in Concord, NH. We are in the business of retail and contractor sales of granite and natural stone products used for masonry, landscaping, and building. This position involves loading and unloading material with a forklift and some heavy lifting. We are looking for an energetic person with a neat appearance and a positive attitude. Forklift experience is a plus. Swenson Granite offers competitive wages and excellent benefits. Please apply in person at the Swenson Granite Works store located at 369 North State Street in Concord, or send your resume to Brian Ahern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SWENSON GRANITE COMPANY, MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
(BARRE, VERMONT) - Swenson Granite has an opening for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor who will work with and oversee the facilities maintenance staff at the Anderson Friberg plant in Barre. This position requires a minimum five years’ experience in maintenance and two in supervision, preferably in a manufacturing or production environment. Swenson Granite offers a generous salary and great benefits for this year-round position.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for managing and working with a team of maintenance employees and directing the workflow to ensure the safety and productivity of the Landscaping Division’s facilities, vehicles, equipment and tools. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, scheduling, daily front line supervision of maintenance personnel, parts ordering and vendor control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – other duties may be assigned
- Supervise and work with maintenance employees and contract workers.
- Review work orders and assign tasks to maintenance employees to accomplish. Verify the quality of work performed.
- Work closely with line supervisors to ensure fluid and effective operations as related to equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Anticipate equipment and parts needs and procure parts necessary to complete repairs.
- Establish and execute a preventive maintenance program for all equipment, tools, facilities and machinery.
- Oversee routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all equipment in compliance with the manufacturers' and company schedules.
- Handle related administrative matters for the team such as maintaining records of all preventive and corrective maintenance performed.
- Oversee safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation.
- Monitor plant for efficiency, safety and maintenance compliance.
- Comply with pertinent VOSHA and DOT regulations.
- Monitor the sale and disposition of retired and scrapped equipment.
- Conduct safety and job process training to department personnel.
- Oversee the purchasing, delivery and inventory of necessary maintenance supplies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
This position requires at least five years experience in a maintenance shop, and two years supervisory or progressive responsibility experience in a lead role. Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) and Servo motors is a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The majority of time is generally spent on the floor troubleshooting and working on equipment. Work performed in the plant may entail exposure to hazardous working conditions including but not limited to dust and other air particles, loud noises, fumes, vibrations, mechanical systems and electrical systems. Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling parts and tools weighing up to 75 pounds for distances up to 50 feet may be necessary. This position will require extended hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent time management skills and independent judgment necessary to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload
- Good computer and math skills
- Strong work ethic/stable work history
- A sense of urgency to minimize down time
- A high mechanical, analytical and diagnostic aptitude
- The ability to work as a team player
- A customer service orientation
- The ability to anticipate business needs and plan accordingly to ensure that equipment, employee resources and fiscal resources are utilized in the most efficient manner
- A thorough knowledge of safe working practices and the ability to promote and enforce safety rules and procedures
Strong interpersonal skills to handle personnel matters
To apply mail your resume to the address, Swenson Granite Co LLC, P.O. Box 626, 54 Willey Street, Barre, VT 05641