EQUIPMENT MECHANIC, CONCORD, NH
POSITION SUMMARY: This position performs the duties of an Equipment Mechanic by maintaining equipment used in the quarry process, such as front-end loaders, dump trucks, excavators, backhoes, forklifts, generators and compressors. This person is also responsible for maintaining quarry drills and plant equipment, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – other duties may be assigned:
- Repairs and performs preventative maintenance of all mobile equipment including the diagnosis of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic problems.
- Troubleshoots equipment failures.
- Performs routine safety inspections of shop and equipment.
- Know and comply with pertinent MSHA and DOT regulations.
- Utilize used machines for component repair.
- Disassemble, clean and rebuild components.
- Maintain neat and clean working area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
This position requires at least 2 years related experience. Experience maintaining equipment in the construction or mining industry is a plus. Basic computer skills are required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb ladders up to 25 feet tall, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Lifts over that amount will be assisted mechanically or with the help of another employee.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to oils and grease, slippery surfaces, outside weather conditions and moving mechanical parts and equipment. The employee may be occasionally exposed to high places and places where explosives are being used. Most work is performed in a heated, well lit shop with occasional trips into the quarries.
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR, BARRE, VT
Swenson Granite Works has an opening for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor who will work with and oversee the facilities maintenance staff at the Anderson Friberg plant in Barre. This position requires a minimum five years’ experience in maintenance and two in supervision, preferably in a manufacturing or production environment. Swenson Granite offers a generous salary and great benefits for this year-round position.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for managing and working with a team of maintenance employees and directing the workflow to ensure the safety and productivity of the Landscaping Division’s facilities, vehicles, equipment and tools. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, scheduling, daily front line supervision of maintenance personnel, parts ordering and vendor control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – other duties may be assigned
- Supervise and work with maintenance employees and contract workers.
- Review work orders and assign tasks to maintenance employees to accomplish. Verify the quality of work performed.
- Work closely with line supervisors to ensure fluid and effective operations as related to equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Anticipate equipment and parts needs and procure parts necessary to complete repairs.
- Establish and execute a preventive maintenance program for all equipment, tools, facilities and machinery.
- Oversee routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all equipment in compliance with the manufacturers' and company schedules.
- Handle related administrative matters for the team such as maintaining records of all preventive and corrective maintenance performed.
- Oversee safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation.
- Monitor plant for efficiency, safety and maintenance compliance.
- Comply with pertinent VOSHA and DOT regulations.
- Monitor the sale and disposition of retired and scrapped equipment.
- Conduct safety and job process training to department personnel.
- Oversee the purchasing, delivery and inventory of necessary maintenance supplies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
This position requires at least five years experience in a maintenance shop, and two years supervisory or progressive responsibility experience in a lead role. Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) and Servo motors is a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The majority of time is generally spent on the floor troubleshooting and working on equipment. Work performed in the plant may entail exposure to hazardous working conditions including but not limited to dust and other air particles, loud noises, fumes, vibrations, mechanical systems and electrical systems. Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling parts and tools weighing up to 75 pounds for distances up to 50 feet may be necessary. This position will require extended hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent time management skills and independent judgment necessary to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload
- Good computer and math skills
- Strong work ethic/stable work history
- A sense of urgency to minimize down time
- A high mechanical, analytical and diagnostic aptitude
- The ability to work as a team player
- A customer service orientation
- The ability to anticipate business needs and plan accordingly to ensure that equipment, employee resources and fiscal resources are utilized in the most efficient manner
- A thorough knowledge of safe working practices and the ability to promote and enforce safety rules and procedures
Strong interpersonal skills to handle personnel matters
To apply mail your resume to the address, Swenson Granite Works, P.O. Box 626, 54 Willey Street, Barre, VT 05641